Health and Safety
Siemens Healthcare value all our stakeholders and is aware of the impact our operations might have on them. We place particular importance on the wellbeing of our employees and others affected by our activities. It is the policy of Siemens Healthcare to promote standards of health, safety and welfare, which will lead to the elimination or reduction of risks to our employees and others who may be affected by our activities.
This is achieved by means of:
- Continued improvement in Health and Safety approaches and certification against the OHAS 18001 standard
- An organization to plan, implement, monitor, measure and review the effectiveness of Health and Safety arrangements
- Appropriate access to competent persons for health, safety and welfare advice
- A management structure where safety responsibilities are clearly defined at all levels
- Internal communication channels which ensure Health and Safety awareness and Zero Harm
- Approaches for managing Health and Safety which meet and where appropriate exceed legal requirements
- The prevention of work related injuries and ill health
"Health and Safety commands the very highest priority within our organization. I encourage every member of the team to assume a personal responsibility with respect to the safety of themselves and those with whom they engage. I am fully committed to the 'Zero Harm' approach, and share responsibility for the wellbeing and health and safety of the team."
Siemens Healthcare Limited